There are a range of tasks that need to be completed to ensure you’ve got the basics in place for a shiny new website or a redesigned website. These simple tasks are too often missed. Often developers and designers don’t regard them as part of their remit, assuming someone else will take care of it.
- Google Analytics – the right code in the right place
- Google Search Console – keep an eye on what Google is seeing and how people are accessing your site
- XML sitemap – it sounds complicated but it isn’t, there’s no excuse for not having a discoverable sitemap
- Do a DIY audit to assess where you could improve, there’s a bunch and here’s one as a good starting point https://website.grader.com/
- Test your site on mobile devices, not hard